Jolene's Book Review of The Detectives Assistant


Jolene's Book Review of The Detectives Assistant by Kate Hannigan. I am trying to read more historical mystery fiction and I came across this YA book about the first women detective (real life person) who worked for the Pinkerton Agency. Allan Pinkerton (the original and founder of the detective agency) hired Miss Kate Warne who not only solved just as many cases as the men but is credited with saving Abraham Lincoln's life during his first assassination attempt. Had she lived she may have even been able to save him from Booth. It was a very nice read and kept me interesting all the way to the end.

This is going to help me with my current WIP (Work in Progress) called Dastardly Deeds at the Dearborn Theatre which is the first story in the Misadventures of Janie and Diane series. I wrote the second or perhaps the third book in the series first and have published it on Kindle Vella called Bloody Murder at the Blanche Hotel

Boy that is going to be a nightmare to straighten out later.

The Detectives Assistant by Kate Harrigan



Comments