Last Assignment for the Last Class Spring Term 2024!!!

Last Assignment for the Last Class Spring Term 2024!!!

YES! I got another semester done towards my bachelor's degree. I was going to take the summer off and get caught up on writing stuff and household stuff BUT ... I GOT A SCHOLARSHIP! for being a part-time college student and it will pay for 90% of the tuition for summer term. So, why not. I have two classes, both are 8 weeks long, I take one the first 8 weeks and the other during the last of summer term. From May 6th s June 25th I will be taking Customer Relations for Management and from July 1st until Aug 20th I will be taking Introduction to Management Information Systems.

Oh yea! I almost forgot I have to student for a Civic Literacy test sometime during the summer. That is another one of those pesky state requirements before graduating.

I signed up for Fall -Term and even Full-Time, hoping that with my grades I might come across a scholarship or two that I might qualify for. Who knows these days. Anyway, here is how that stands so far:

Accounting for Managers 08/26/2026 to 10/15/2024

Introduction to Astronomy 09/16/2024 to 12/10/2024 - I know right. It counts as the Science course I needed because it has a lab component. I wanted to take Oceanography but the lab part required that I be at NAS-MAYPORT a couple of days a week from 8pm to 10pm. That's not happening.

Organizational Behavior - 08/26/2024 to 10/15/2024

Management Theory/Practice 10/21/2024 to 12/10/2024

That will leave me with only 7 classes to take to finish one degree.  🙋😉

Now for the really crazy part

I sent a proposal to the Department Chair of the Communications Department

Dear Professor LaFond:

You were recommended by Daniel Powell as the possible point of contact for the school's online newspaper. I have a proposal below:

Since it seems that no one has taken an interest in the online newspaper in several years and your social media pages linked to this site have gone stagnant I was hoping to become the facilitator to get this up and running again.

First, it would be best to check all the links on the main website that mention the Campus Voice and delete them. [old website still listed on some of the main pages: http://www.campusvoiceonline.com/]

The new online newsletter for the college really should be renamed to a play on the words of the new mascot.

Second, if there is a grant(s) in place for the newspaper I would like to be considered for the grant so that I can use the funds to secure a proper domain name and a web hosting account that I would pay for until we can get more fundraising events up and running.

Third, I have attached an introductory article that you might consider using to convince the ones who make these decisions to allow us to move forward.

My plan is for the summer months to get the website up and running, incorporating all the old posts into the new domain, and contact local businesses around the campuses to see if they would be willing to purchase advertising space on the webpages beginning in the fall term. Recruit students to be reporters, photographers, and videographers for the stories over the next 12 months.

Also, during the summer we will need to revamp each of the social media pages and create a YouTube Channel to host videos just for the news. Each of the student activities programs would be invited to share their upcoming events, share pictures and reviews of previous events, and do feature articles of students participating in sports, the FCCJ Artist series, and previous alumni (Where are they now), just to name a few.

[https://twitter.com/TheCampusVoice - All the posts for 2022 - were for links that no longer work.; https://www.instagram.com/thecampusvoice/ - The last post was 299 weeks ago?; https://www.facebook.com/TheCampusVoiceFSCJ/ - The Facebook page has been deleted]

I will be happy to create a policies and procedures manual along the way so that a new "Editor-in-Chief" would be able to step in after I graduate and hit the ground running. Of course, part of the responsibility for that would be to provide "letters of recommendation" to each of the student volunteers at the end of each term. I can also help each of them obtain their press credentials as well as build out their portfolio.

I have also attached my resume for your consideration. It is a work in progress as I am working towards a bachelor's in Supervision and Management to transfer to the University of Florida for their online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a concentration in Social Media program.

Have I completely gone off the edge?





 

Comments