Intro To Astronomy - NonTraditional College Student Exploring The Universe


Intro To Astronomy - NonTraditional College Student Exploring The Universe - this is the first week in my latest class for Fall Term. I had a Science with a Lab requirement left towards my bachelors degree and this class is being taught all online - Wish me luck - there is rumors that I have to "MATH" in this class! For those who didn't know last night was the "FULL" moon or the Harvest moon and a partical eclipse when it's reached it height for about 30 minutes between 22:25 to 22:55. I had to use two different model iPhones and an Android device to get some decent pics. 

Going back to college can be fun too. I was out and about last evening trying to get some clear photos from my iPhone and my daughter's iPhone of the Harvest Moon at it's zenith when it also had a partial lunar eclipse. That's right a tiny chunk was bitten out of the full month. AST1002 - Introduction to Astronomy is an ALL Online Science class with a Lab that you can take to meet your bachelor degree requirements if you do not have it done yet. I wanted to take Oceanography but it was only offered at Mayport NAS at night. Too far away for me to drive but it would have been fun.

The major project for this class is recording the different phases of the moon and some other technical stuff on a lab assessment worksheet. Since, this will take almost the entire 8 weeks to do I thought I would get a jump on it. Other lab stuff includes the use of a slinky, white balloon, and other items on my list. I downloaded a couple of apps to use for the class, one of which is called, "MOON" and it is fascinating. Gives my GPS Coordinates as well as how far the moon is from me at any time during the year, including the past and the future. 


Comments